2012#1: The tangerine baby jacket (knitting) – Casaquinho de bebé tangerine (tricô)

Português

English (uncheck the other box and check this one)

Olá amigas e amigos, há muito que não vos escrevia… Como alguns de vocês já sabem, a ausência deve-se ao facto de estar grávida (ver artigo no meu outro blogue aqui) e em consequência ter perdido a vontade de costurar e também em parte a disposição para passar longas horas a escrever artigos e comentários. Sempre que posso continuo a visitar os meus blogues favoritos, mas tenho-me abstido de comentar, pois não sinto disposição para passar tanto tempo na Internet. Não posso no entanto evitar sentir-me em dívida para com os meus leitores e hoje decidi passar aqui para dizer que está tudo bem, que para já a minha gravidez está a decorrer sem qualquer problema e que estou a gostar muito deste “estado interessante”, como lhe chamava a minha falecida avó paterna. Os únicos lavores que tenho feito (e só me começou a dar vontade recentemente!) foram tricô para o bebé, que aproveito para dizer que é um menino cujo nome ainda não está 100% decidido, por isso vou-me abster de divulgar aqui.

Passo agora a mostrar o primeiro projecto de tricô que fiz, o casaquinho tangerina:
O modelo está disponível online em Português no website da Drops (clicar aqui).

Utilizei um fio de algodão da Rosários (não tenho aqui a referência, depois edito se encontrar) e agulhas de 5mm. O modelo é muito fácil todo tricotado atravessado em ponto mousse (também chamado jarreteira). Escolhi uns botões de madeira em forma de ursinho para lhe dar mais piada e como é uma peça para usar sobre a roupinha, cosi-lhe a minha etiqueta por dentro (uma vez que não estará em contacto com a pele do bebé, não se corre o risco de a irritar).

Tenho mais projectos concluídos que vou tentar ir mostrando se tiver disponibilidade, pois sei que algumas das minhas leitoras estarão interessadas neste tema das roupinhas para bebé! Entretanto, para quem ainda não viu, visitem o meu outro blogue onde publiquei fotos de algumas ofertas em tricô que recebi. Também encontrarão lá um “temporizador de gravidez” por baixo do cabeçalho do blogue! Mais tarde também penso publicar algumas fotos do quarto do bebé, logo que o consiga ter arranjado (ainda vai demorar algum tempo, estamos à espera da mobília!).

Beijinhos a todos e obrigada por me visitarem!


Hello dear readers and friends, it has been a long time since my last post… As some of you already know, my absence is due to the fact that I’m pregnant (click here for an update on my other blog) and since I got pregnant I absolutely lost by sewing mojo, along with my drive to blog and spend as much time in the Internet as I used to. I still try to visit my favorite blogs from time to time but usually I don’t comment because my time is so short. However I can’t avoid feeling a bit guilty and in debt towards my readers and friends and today I decided to drop by and say that all is well, so far my pregnancy time has been wonderful and free of problems and most annoying side effects except for the occasional back pain (I feel lucky so far!). I wouldn’t say my growing belly is an annoying side effect because I love it! The only crafting activity has been very recent and for now is limited to knitting a few clothes for my baby boy, whose name negotiations are not full closed yet.

Let’s move on to showing the first of my baby knitting projects, the tangerine jacket:
The instructions are available online over at the Drops Website (click here for the US version, click here for the UK version and click here for the French version – you may look it up in other languages too).

I used a Portuguese brand of cotton yarn and US size 8 needles (5mm). This is a very easy project, all knitted sideways in garter stitch. I picked up these wooden teddy bear shaped buttons because I think they make the jacket a lot more interesting. I also sew in my label; since this in an outwear piece, I don’t think there’s a chance of it irritating the baby’s sensible skin.

I have a couple more finished projects to show and another one on the making. I will try to post them all here as soon as I get some free time because I know some of you will be interested to follow this subject. On my other blog I published some pictures of handmade gifts that we’ve got (click here) and there’s also a “baby ticker” right bellow the blog header (for some reason I failed to alter the blog layout of Couture et Tricot which has an older template). Over at my other blog I plan on posting some nursery pictures too as soon as the nursery is ready (it will still be a while though).

BIG HUGS to all and thank you for visiting!

20 comments:

Vicki said...

So very cute. Glad to hear you are well.

Karin said...

Congratulations! The sweaters is adorable as I am sure the baby will be! I am glad to hear that you are well and having a healthy pregnancy. Enjoy your little one when she/he comes.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tany, what a surprise to see a new post from you! Congratulations on the pregnancy and (belated) best wishes!
The little jacket is adorable (not to mention the buttons!). I love that you made it in a non-traditional color for a little boy :)
Olga

Julie Culshaw said...

So cute, but could I suggest taking the label out? It will bother baby.

SheriNJ said...

Your tiny sweater is adorable! Glad to hear your doing well. Can't wait to see more.

morangoechocolate said...

olá , muito bom saber que tu estais bem , muito lindo e fofo casquinho..bjs

Mónica Martinho said...

Já te disse que gostei! Adoro cores vibrantes para bebése principalmente as que não forem as "tipicas" masculinas e femininas!

Bjs

Mónica

DawnSSL said...

Congratulattions and Best wishes!

Olga said...

Tany! This is such wonderful news! Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

Uta said...

Such wonderful news, congratulations! You're bound to have a very stylish baby! All my best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.

rachel said...

So glad to see you back, Tany. And so glad you are well - all so exciting!! The jacket is beautiful - lucky baby!!! Best wishes. Rachel UK

Kitty Couture said...

Beautiful jacket Tany! I'm so glad to hear that all is well! I totally know what you mean about your growing belly - I miss mine! :)

(I agree with Julie about the label - as a matter of fact I've been removing all the labels from my baby's clothing).

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! Big hugs.

tina said...

O fundamental é que está tudo a correr bem!
Mas o casaquinho está lindo!
Beijinhos.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I always love to see your knitting.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Congratulations! Love the color of the sweater.

Bunny said...

The sweater is gorgeous. I love the color. Think you might begin heirloom sewing for your little one? You would be great at it.

Congratulations on this joyful event.

May said...

Tany,

Congratulations!! I am very excited for you and your baby. Looking forward to meeting your little one.

Love,

May

Lizzie said...

What a stylish little baby he will be - just like his mum. I love those buttons and the colour is so bright and happy. Glad to hear you are feeling well during your pregnancy. Lizzie.

mem said...

oh congratulations , I am glad to hear that it is GOOD news. Your jacket is so cute and lovely colour.

Lori said...

Congratulations, how exciting. Wonderful sweater and color.