Os meus agradecimentos à Tini - My special thanks to Tini

Vejam só o que recebi no correio ontem:
Check out what I got in the mail yesterday:
Esta encomenda chegou-me da Alemanha; a Tini fez-me um grande favor ao encomendar este molde de designer e enviá-lo para mim (de Portugal nunca teria conseguido o molde); a Burda Alemã todos os meses vem com um modelo de designer (o casaco Orwell era um destes modelos); para receber o molde é necessário preencher e enviar um cupão e o respectivo pagamento e enviá-lo para os escritórios da Burda. O envio do molde é restrito à Alemanha e alguns países ali perto. Além disso a Tini incluiu uma prenda maravilhosa, uma meada de algodão tingido por ela própria! Obrigada Tini! Adorei o presente!
I received this package from Germany; Tini was so kind to order this designer pattern and mailing it to me (I was unable to order it myself from Portugal)! German Burda features a designer model each month (the Orwell coat was a designer model like this one); to get the pattern, you must fill in a coupon and send it along with the payment to the Burda Office. They deliver the pattern in Germany and some surrounding countries only. Tini also included a wonderful gift, a hand dyed cotton yarn (she dyed it herself!). Thank you so much Tini! I love it!

Desde que comecei este blog que tenho conhecido gente maravilhosa, tanto em Portugal como em diversas partes do Mundo. É um privilégio para mim conhecer estas pessoas e trocar ideias e experiências com elas, de facto neste momento sinto-me felicíssima e realizada só por esse facto, um abraço especial para vocês!
Since I started this blog I'm having the pleasure and the privilege of meeting wonderful people, from Portugal and all around the World. It's a great honor to meet all these people and being able to discuss ideas and experiences with them. I feel so happy and fulfilled for this fact only, a big hug to you all!

O molde:
The pattern:
Ontem houve uma feira cá em Aveiro e aproveitei para ir à caça de novos tecidos para a Primavera e Verão; na fotografia podem ver os meus achados:
Yesterday I went to a big fair in Aveiro (one could find almost everything at this fair, including fabrics and yarn!) and I bought a few more fabrics:
Felizmente encontrei o feltro preto igualzinho ao que usei no casaco Orwell e agora já posso preparar-me para fazer a malinha a condizer! Também comprei um chifon vermelho cereja, um tecido estampado preto e branco óptimo para tops e vestidos leves de Verão e um tecido de algodão bordado, do qual mostro uma fotografia tirada sem flash para se conseguir ver o detalhe do bordado (o tecido é mesmo branco embora não pareça nesta foto):
Fortunately I was able to find some black felt to make the matching bag for the Orwell coat! There's also a red chiffon, a printed black and white fabric suited for summer tops and dresses and a white embroidered cotton; I added a photo without using the flash so you can see the embroidery detail (the fabric is pure white, although it doesn't show in this picture):
Esta semana não tenho tido muito tempo para costurar e logo tenho um jantar de aniversário, por esse facto só devo conseguir acabar e provar a musselina na sexta-feira. Até lá, boas costuras para todas!
This week hasn't been very productive sewing wise and later today I'll have to attend to an anniversary dinner; I believe I will be able to finish and fit the dress muslin by Friday evening so, until then, happy sewing everybody!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que grande encomenda! Sabe sempre bem receber coisas pelo correio, especialmente quando são assim tão giras!
Adorei o modelo da saia que está no molde, vou ficar á espera para ver o trabalho realizado!

Bjs

Mónica

Anonymous said...

how does of Tini!
that is really awesome

Tuesday said...

What an incredibley thoughtful package!!!

Love the fabrics you got :D The red chiffon reminds me of the sheer red shirt you made that ripped (sorry to bring it up, lol, I know you hate to think of it). What are your plans with *this* red chiffon? :D

Have fun at the party :D

Tany said...

Tuesday: I'm still trying to get some red silk organza to redo that blouse (a dear friend is trying to find it for me!). If I don't get it I might use the red chiffon instead but it will be a different effect because this fabric is not as shiny and stiff as the silk organza. There is also a Patrones blouse (one with trim on the neckline and shoulders) that I'm very fond of. We'll see! Thank you for your comment!

Tini said...

Tany, thanks for mentioning me.... I'm still blushing :) Dyeing the cotton with kurkuma was fun. I think the yellow will look great with your hair ( I just look aweful in yellow...need to explore indigo....)
Silk organza can be dyed with silk colour :)

Summerset said...

Oh yeah, that's a fantastic pattern! I love red, so the color of the red suit caught my eye. The fabric is great, too!


That was so nice of Tini! I've been watching the cool stuff she been dyeing as she posts it on her blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tany,
that pattern is awsome:-)
can't wait to see made it up.

Tini is beginning to be quite an expert in dyeing, love that yellow!

Isn't it just so much fun getting packages from abroad,also it's so much fun sending them off, I always hope that someone in the other end is just as pleased as I am.

filomena said...

hmmm, tanta coisa gira!

Tini said...

Marita,

I'm just at the beginning stage :)
But I just purchased easter egg colours to try them out...
Tany, got your Email and I'll write back soon or put up a little tutorial on my blog about how to dye with kurkuma ( I'm itiching to try out dyeing with cochenille, which should give kind of reddish colour.... I did try out dyeing with elderberry juice...)