Monday, July 21, 2014

2014#22 – The beige pencil skirt – A saia travada bege


(Pictures of me wearing the skirt are published on my wardrobe blog (click here)) 
  
Description: Three-panel front pencil skirt with high-waist, belt-carriers, self-fabric belt and in-seam vertical welt pockets, has topstitching along the waistline and hem and invisible zipper on the back seam. 
  
Pattern used: BurdaStyle 04/2014, model 114; I cut size 38. The fabric used is cotton pique. 
  
--- 
  
(Fotos minhas a usar a saia foram publicadas no meu blogue de estilo pessoal (clicar aqui)) 
  
Descrição: Saia travada com três painéis frontais, cintura alta, passadeiras para cinto, cinto feito do mesmo tecido e bolsos avivados metidos nas costuras verticais da frente. Tem também a bainha e a cintura pespontadas e um fecho invisível na costura de trás.
  
Molde usado: BurdaStyle 04/2014, modelo 114: cortei o tamanho 38. O tecido é piqué de algodão.

Alterations: The main alteration was not making real pockets; I figured that when wearing the skirt, especially when sitting down, the pockets would open up into a not so flattering feature, so I sewed the welts but instead of adding the pocket bags, I pinned a rectangle of interfaced fabric on the wrong side (un-interfaced side facing the pocket opening) and topstitched along the welts on the right side. I also added a full lining to the skirt because by my experience, it gets less wrinkles and wears much better if lined. The other minor change was adding a row of topstitching perpendicular to the belt carriers (note the red lines on the line-drawing above), so the belt wouldn’t come out of place. You can see some of these details in the next pictures: 
  
--- 
  
Alterações: A principal foi não fazer os bolsos “a sério” pois pensei logo que a usar a saia iam abrir, principalmente porque passo muito tempo sentada, e não ia ficar um efeito bonito. Então confecionei as aberturas avivadas como normalmente, mas em vez de acrescentar os sacos do bolso, coloquei um retângulo de tecido entretelado por baixo das aberturas (sendo que o lado sem entretela/direito do tecido fica contra as aberturas) e pespontei pelo direito à volta dos vivos. Também acrescentei um forro à saia, pois a minha experiência diz que as saias forradas vestem melhor e engelham-se menos. A outra pequena alteração que fiz foi pespontar as passadeiras do cinto perpendicularmente (como mostram as linhas a vermelho que desenhei no esquemático), para que o cinto ficasse no lugar. Podem observar estes detalhes nas fotos que se seguem:




Conclusion: The skirt came out exactly as I had envisioned it! It’s a really great pattern, I highly recommend it! You guys have a great week ahead and thank you for visiting! 
  
--- 
  
Conclusão: A saia ficou exatamente como a tinha imaginado! Este é um ótimo molde, recomendo-o vivamente! Tenham todos uma ótima semana e muito obrigada por visitarem!