Crepe tunic (pattern by Paco Peralta) – Túnica de crepe (molde de Paco Peralta)

Português
English (uncheck the other box and check this one)

Desde o Natal que estou com uma forte constipação, por isso perdoem-me a falta de actualizações… Ainda não me encontro completamente recuperada, mas ontem já me senti capaz de fazer alguma coisa de costura; tinha este tecido há algum tempo, um crepe de composição desconhecida (provavelmente sintético) mas com um estampado muito original. Dois metros chegaram para fazer a versão túnica utilizando o molde do Paco tamanho M que se encontra à venda aqui. Quanto à confecção, segui os passos descritos no tutorial que o Paco publicou, com a diferença de terminar os valores de costura sobrepostos com a corta-e-cose, uma vez que o tecido é bastante fino. A gola foi cortada em viés. A construção decorreu sem problemas, uma vez seguidos alguns cuidados que se devem ter para tecidos finos e escorregadios.

Deixo-vos com mais algumas fotos:




As fotos de mim a usar a túnica serão publicadas mais tarde no meu blog de guarda-roupa estão publicadas aqui.

Espero que todos tenham tudo um excelente Natal e que estejam preparados para entrar em 2011 com o pé direito!


I’ve been sick with a nasty cold since the day after Christmas, so forgive me the lack of updates. I’m not still fully recovered but yesterday I was feeling a little better and was able to cut and sew this tunic (size M) using 2 meters of printed crepe (composition unknown, probably synthetic), that I had in my stash for quite some time. The tunic pattern is by Paco Peralta and it's available for sale (click here). Since I used a woven fabric, I cut the collar piece on the bias. For the construction I followed Paco’s tutorial, except that I serged the SAs together and pressed them to one side, instead of pressing them open like Paco did. The construction process came along nicely (used a couple of tips for sewing with sheer slippery fabrics) and the tunic looks great in my opinion.

Here are a few more photos:




Pictures of me wearing the tunic will be published later over at my wardrobe blog are published here.

Hope you all had an excellent Christmas and that you’re ready to enter 2011 with your right foot!

11 comments:

Mardel said...

What a pretty tunic Tany!

Ann Made Studio said...

It is beautiful!

I'm happy you feel better :)

Have a wonderful and Happy New Year!

Amanda S. said...

It looks great! There's nothing like a simple and quick project to cheer you up. I'm glad you're feeling better. Happy New Year!!!

Gail said...

Pablo's patterns are beautifully crafted aren't they. Lovely fabric. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Tany - that's a beautiful top! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jacquie said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better! That is indeed a fabulous tunic, and stunning fabric. Have a lovely new year.

Bunny said...

Stunning fabric and top! Hope you are all better soon!

toy said...

I hope you do get better soon. I'm sure you have tons of plans for the new year in terms of sewing, Can't wait to see what you have planned.
I know you are going to style this top really chic, I can't wait to see how you put it together

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Tany, muchas gracias por este nuevo modelo. Espero que ya estés recuperada y que tengas un buen final de año. FELIZ AÑO NUEVO, con mis mejores deseos.

gwensews said...

Gorgeous! Fabulous fabric. Feel better soon.

Faye Lewis said...

That is gorgeous! I must order that pattern!